Friday, July 09, 2010

Spinning World: My world is spinning. When it stops, where will I be? This is of great interest to me.

Twin Lakes Writers meet Saturday,July 10. For time & place go to http://www.twinlakeswriters.org/ I founded this group in the Spring of 1998. I was the president, newsletter editor and whatever, to make it work. I took some time off after the conference I organized, to refocus and work on my career. Last month I was elected to be their president. I feel a little shaky, for now I am the president of two groups. I started the North Central Children's Writers and Illustrators June, 2010.

Don't forget the all day workshop in Springfield, Missouri July 31. http://www.owaic.org/

Baxter County Library, Mountain Home, AR needs your help removing and re-tagging books and videos for the move to the new library by July 31. If you can help, please go to the library and say, I am here to help. As a board member of the Friends of the Library - We thank you!

2 comments:

Brian, Missy, & Coco said...

I have found the best way to stay current in any career is to stay involved because that keeps people networking and and getting new ideas. The down side is there is never enough time to get all your own work done too. I guess people have to take the good with the bad.

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Hi Missy. You are so right, but I would like to add we need to revaluate
our career every few months to be sure we are going in the directions that we have set for ourselves. We may be able to downsize our involvement in less important programs.