North Central Children’s Writers & Illustrators meeting Saturday was a success. As we learn we are having fun and making friends. We critiqued, asked questions and added helpful comments. Each member has knowledge to share. I love it!
Handouts we glanced over, asked questions and again made comments.
1. What to look for when critiquing.
2. Read & dismantle the type of book you want to write.
3. When Is Your Narrator? Picking the Right Tense/Be the Story. By Timothy King http://www.printfriendly.com/bethestory.com
4. Writers and Illustrators Guidelines (How to read The Children’s Writers Market Book.)
5. Writing or/and creating a “rebus” for Highlights For Children magazine.
6. Old copies of the SCBWI Bulletin.
Resources for Authors & Artist: Most have enewsletters to subscribe to.
· The Horn Book: Publication about books for children and young adults. http://www.hbook.com
· The Children’s Book Council http://www.cbcbooks.org
· The Institute of Children’s Literature http://www.institutechildrenslit.com
· Elizabeth Kennedy – http://about.com/childrenbooks
· Publishers Weekly Children’s enewsletter http://www.publishersweekly.com