Friday, May 14, 2010

ALDOUS HUXLEY: A bad book is as much of a labor to write as a good one; it comes as sincerely from the author's soul.

Rain rain
this isn't the day.
So, go away
come back
another day.
I have travels
to seek
and garden
to weed.

Sunshine
come my way
You don't
have to stay.
I need a day
to find my way
out of the gloom
out of this room.

I do love you rain
your ever changing
personality.
I sit on the edge
wondering what's next.
But not this week-end
good-bye rainy gloom
welcome sunshine.

4 comments:

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Mary Nida,
It's raining here, too, and I'm hoping for sunshine.
Hope you have a great time at OWL if you're headed that direction. Lots of folks from these parts are going.
Donna
http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Hi Donna, I do hope you don't get any bad weather. Yes, I am planning on going to QWL; if not stormed on. Stay safe!

Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell said...

So glad the rain has ended, at least for a couple of days! Looks like we might finally have a nice weekend. Do we dare hope!?

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Hope, is what life is about. I can't weed the garden or walk in the rain. So, I have to decided to take up dancing and singing in the rain, where I allow the wind carry me along. Enjoy the week Kerri. Do a little dance under the sun.