Monday, August 06, 2007

Children's Writer, Institute of Children's Literature, Stay Focused: Over the years I have recommend to people interested in writing for children to use information provided by the Institute of Children's Literature and to subscribe to their newsletter Children's Write. Yesterday, I spent more time searching for information I wanted when I suddenly remembered to search http://www.institutechildlit.com/. There it was and more. Why did I ever stop making it my main stop. In the future I'll spend more time writing, less time surfing. So, I quickly subscribed to the newsletter.

When I am in my studio office I want to write, not surf, unless I am working on a non-fiction piece. Also, because I try to use the minutes I have to write, I don't always have time to learn more on how to use my computer. When I was on Children's Lit website I noticed Underdown's website mentioned. Gosh. I thought, I haven't been there for awhile. He keeps you updated with editors on the move. Low and behold there it was How to Make Self-Editing Easy by Margot Finke using your MS Word Tools. This will be on top of my list of things to do.

Stop and think, put things in order. Stay focused. Don't be like Chicken Little who thought the sky was falling in, running here and there before he discovered the facts. Many times when things go wrong it is our own doing. We don't stay focused before we go running here and there looking for an easier way to write and be published. There are many small steps to take before you can walk with the big guys.

No comments: