Monday, April 30, 2007

The library breakfast, poetry readings on Saturday, April 28, was a full day of enjoyment. Deborah Knox, Board Chair of the Baxter County Public Library Foundation invited all the volunteers to breakfast at Big Creek & Country Club. Many wonderful hard working people are involved in creating our library to be the most exciting educational and entertaining place to visit. I am proud to be a member of The Friends of the Library and to be able to teach the children creative writing during the summer programs. This will be my third year. At the breakfast the architectural version of the new library was unveiled. The library on the hill was a beautiful sight.

The library that afternoon presented The Poetry Thing, the fourth annual oral poetry contest from 1-5 pm. I enjoyed listening to all the poetry read by poets from 8 to 90 years of age. I visited with friends from The Baxter County Poets Association and Steve Johnson, who emceed the program for four years. Again it is all the volunteers that have made this a success story. The room was packed. It is difficult to be a judge. I know I was one of the judges for the first yearly contest.

I seen Edna Merritt from the Miniature Museum of Merritt. I wrote an article on Edna and the museum for Grit magazine a few years ago.

REMINDER: Books in Bloom, Sunday, May 6, at Eureka Springs, Arkansas. For more information go to http://www.booksinbloom.org/. The Ozarks Writers League is Saturday, May 19 at the College of the Ozarks, go to http://www.ozarkswritersleague.org/ to check out the speakers Nancy Robinson Masters and Cara Brookins.

Please pick up the May/June issue of The Ozarks Mountaineer magazine. A friend Laurel T. Sheridan wrote Quigley's Castle Rocks! She writes for children's magazines.

I am thankful to God for allowing me another day to dream and write.

No comments: