Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Writers are everywhere. Everyone appears to be a writer, but can they write? The answer is yes and some are very good. Most people write for themselves and wouldn't let an editor edit their material even if it meant getting published. I am not a writer without mistakes. Editors' suggestions and changes have improved my work where I was able to be published. I have a lot of respect for editors. They want you to look good in print for that makes them look good. We are all in the same field.

Writing is easy, rewriting and rewriting for publication and going by their rules/guidelines is work. Remember a doctor, lawyer and other professional people didn't get their degree overnight, it took commitment to study and practice. In any career we have a superior to direct us.

Today,I received a rejection from a magazine for an essay I submitted. It was a big time magazine I have always loved. I followed all the rules to submit so I know I have no regrets. My day will come. I don't easily give up. Today I know I have a couple of future deadlines to meet. I will concentrate on doing my best.

No comments: