Monday, November 20, 2006

Good morning,
Writing lifts my spirits. It is great to be alive. I try not to get too excited about all the wonderful happenings for I am afraid my bubble will burst. For the last couple of days I haven't written on my blog. Somedays my time is limit in the studio office.

I attended an Audubon Society meeting last week. It was filled with people sharing the discovery of a new bird, butterfly or animals such as a fox, bobcat, bear or mountain lion on or near their property. My woodland garden has been a welcome place for the wildlife being squeezed out of their woods as houses continue to spring up like giant mushrooms.

Saturday, I attended the Ozarks Writers League. I continue to be amazed by what one can learn or refresh the mind of what it had tucked away. This is a special group bubbling with news of books, magazines and sharing experiences. I picked up my copies of the Echoes of the Ozarks volume II where my essay, Ancestry and Nature Unite Ozarkians, was published.

I found a publisher to submit another children's picture book manuscript. Now I will have five in the mail, plus an essay. I am working on writing a garden and a submarine article.

The sun is shining. I don't see any birds outside my window, maybe it is too cold.
Enjoy the day.

No comments: