Friday, November 24, 2006

Mary Nida Smith is blogging. I am a person who loves life. God has truly blessed me. Thanksgiving Day is everyday. I am full of ideas for writing, illustrating, gardening, crafting and inventing things.

When I mention to friends what I have accomplished or what projects I am working on, they say I am bragging. They don't realize this has been a lifetime struggle to do all the things I love to do in-between moving many times. Each place I have lived I have seen and learned many wonderful things. I have joined or started a writers group or artist guild. I always check out the newspapers and libraries for I got my first start writing book reviews for the Oregon Journal and I have written for papers in Washington, Idaho and Arkansas. Librarians have been a great help in answering questions, introducing me to published authors and illustrators. For two years I have taught creative writing for the children's summer programs. I love children; they are smart and creative. I believe we learn from each other;this is the fun part.

I am writing non-fiction and fiction picture books. I made one dummy with about 27 illustrations for a 32 page picture book. I continue to submit; who knows maybe today will be my lucky book day.

No comments: