Saturday, November 19, 2016

Missing Friends


Missing all my woodland garden and yard friends today.
Some were dearer than others - young and old: the chipmunks, squirrels, insects, bird families, turtles, deer (most of all Prissy and Babe), snakes, tree frogs (most of all Sass and his family), groundhogs, and a whole lot more. Each year was different; some sad and some funny. I learned how special animals can be. I am thankful for the 17 years we all were friends.

Today at the new place a titmice flew to a small make-shift birdbath I had created. I thought of the two springs their family had raised young ones in a bird house on the deck table. I learned much from them as I photographed every move and their cousins, the chickadees.

Be true to your friends and they'll be true to you. 

No comments: