Friday, October 29, 2010

My world keeps spinning. I never know how the day will end by sunset.

Early Spring I changed my studio and guest room to be able to be more productive.
Plus, I wanted to be able to do some drawing and painting that I hadn’t been able to accomplish since moving here. So the guest room became my arts & craft room.

In my studio I added an area for guest to sit to talk about writing and illustrating.

Soon both rooms needed to be slowly revamped again. I didn’t mind for it was for a love one’s upcoming visit. The room still worked for me. I became excited as I started drawing and designing posters for one of my writers’ groups.

But it wasn’t to be. It was to change for my son that I love dearly. I have been concerned about him after he lost his job and his health was failing. He had made plans to move from out West to our home. So, everything in the guest room and bath was removed. I do love having him live here.

My studio and two-car garage became storage rooms. We had three to four yardsales, placed ads in newspapers and gave items away. It was quiet for a few days. Then the bottom fell out for there was water damage in both bathrooms. I have always been the one who has to take care of any problems. I had to hire plumbers, carpenters and vinyl layers. After three weeks that was under control.

Thank goodness for writers & authors on my blog rolls who kept me inspiration to write when time permitted.

I am involved in as some people would say, “too many thing.” But, I have been able to eliminate one. I removed myself from the Ozark Regional Arts Council board. I hated to, for I hadn’t been involved very long and I believe in what they are doing.

I have been involved with our library since we moved here in 1998. It was very busy before and after we opened up our new Donald W. Reynolds Library. It was all worth while. Both writers groups, Twin Lakes Writers (1998) and North Central Children’s Writers & Illustrators (June 2019) I founded and I am the president meet there each month.

I am our church historian and photographer. Trunk & Treat is coming where I take pictures of every costumed person. Plus, I sing in the choir which means I have choir practice.

I try to post regular on my blogs for it is important to me to connect with other writers.

2 comments:

Brian, Missy, & Coco said...

It is comforting to know God does everything for a reason, but sometimes it would be great to know the reason as we go through large changes in life. Mother Teresa once said, "God never gives me more than I can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much." I am sure you have felt this as well.

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Good morning Missy. That is a good quote. I do believe everyone has their daily problems to deal with. Thanks for the encouragement.