Friday, February 13, 2009

Rich Davis - Rich Davis & Deborah Edmonds, Children's Librarian

Baxter County Library February 7th, I attended the children’s program: Drawing with illustrator Rich Davis from Siloam Springs, Arkansas. The children loved every minute. Rich captured the children’s’ attention the moment he started. Rich worked several years at Day Springs Cards - designing cards.
Check his website: http://www.richdavis.freewebsspace.com/

I met Rich several years ago when I lived in Siloam Springs. We both attended a writers group that met at Rogers library and when I was President of Siloam Springs Artist Guild. Each year in March the guild and five Northwest art clubs were involved with Sager Creek Arts Center in organizing a competitive show at John Brown University. I loved Siloam Springs and the people, but my husband was looking for a bigger and clearer fishing lake.

I just finished my job as a contest coordinator for the Missouri Writers Guild Conference coming up in April. So many good writers! I am hoping to attend. Don’t forget Ozarks Writers League (OWL) Saturday the 14th, at the College of the Ozarks. Great group!

One of my favorite magazines is “Grit” magazine. Jan/Feb issue had a much needed article “Protect Yourself From Power Outages.” We all needed to read and employ the substance of this article before we had the last ice storm. Great articles, photos and covers. March/April issue articles: Spirit of the American Barn, A Tribute to Country Women, and Sweet, Sour and Savory Rhubarb, just to name a few. Don’t forget to read the humorous piece “The Ruminant Romp” by Barbara Westhoven (a writer friend of mine). When I visit with Barb she shares many funny stories of what is happening on their farm.

Check out the poster for the “Basics of Blogging Workshop” at Bel Arco.
For information http://belarcowritersworkshops.blogspot.com/ and http://onediasozarks.com/?page_id=592 I hope to see you there.

No comments: