Sunday, October 19, 2008

Autumn leaves are falling like snowflakes in a blizzard snow storm. The trees will carry patches of color, but the hillsides will not be picturesque. My Woodland Garden is quickly depicting a neglected garden. I will evaluate my garden and studio work preparing the changes that will bring color to the garden and new writing projects when the sign of rebirth arrives in 2009.

I am searching for new websites and blogs to inspire me as I read to be informed and encouraged. I love this one of Lynn Carney http://www.lynncarney.com It is beautifully designed and informative.

I have been busy promoting my book, Submarine Stories of World War II, and being involved with submarine organizations and keeping my military blog updated.

Saturday, October 11, the Submarine Veterans Inc, Twin Lakes Base, had a breakfast to raise money. I was involved as a wife of a member and associate member.

The Twin Lakes Base meeting is October 28th at the Elks.
Oct 31-Nov 2 I will be attending the Arkansas Submarine Veterans WWII, Diamond Chapter gathering at Eureka Springs, AR.
The month of November the Twin Lakes Base will have a display of submarine memorabilia at the Baxter County Library, Mountain Home, AR.
November 26, 1:30 pm, Commander Wayne Kirk Smith, and Mary Nida Smith will be the speakers at the meeting of the Friends of the Library.
Sunday, December 7, 2:00-4:00 pm, I will be one of the authors at the library’s Books Sale & Signing Event.
Naperville, Illinois is next on the agenda to see family and check out Anderson's Bookstore.

No comments: