Thursday, December 28, 2006

I am re-organizing clutter as I prepare for the New Year.The house slave work will be caught up and the top layer in my creative space cleared, so when the ball drops at midnight on the old year, I will be dropping off to a peaceful sleep while
characters dance throughout the night. My built in alarm will go off between 5 and 6 am on the morning of 2007 and I want to be prepared to start work in my studio office. I don't believe November through January is a good time to submit, items get lost in the mail and editors do have some time for holidays (I would hope).

I was so excited when Santa surprised me with a visit and he was loaded down with gifts. What really surprised me, he forgot he had been here and made a return trip. It was a squealing surprise. I thought maybe he returned for the chocolate milk and roasted marshmallows I forgot to put out.

I squeezed in some interesting TV watching. On CMT I watched scenes from the movie Charlotte's Web, how it was created and met the actors. I have to see the movie. I have always enjoyed the story and I still have the book. I had a little pig that looked like Wilbur. Wiggles was also the runt of the litter. He was raised
in the house, moved to the woodshed and as he grew I sent him to the barn. Wiggles became huge and fat-too big for the barn so he was sent on a very, long trip. Tears of sadness caused pains deep in my chest. I know he is not forgotten for he supplies wonderful memories today.

I watched Secondhand Lions with Robert Duvall and Michael Caine. The story reminds me to look on the bright side each day, maybe the hurts in life can lead to an exciting adventure.

"When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of the pen." -Samuel Lover

No comments: