Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Who purchased my 6x6 painting?

What a wonderful surprise note I received from  President Stephen Johnson, Free Verse Poetry Group yesterday. He forwarded a note from The Talk of the Town (KTLO) host Debby Stanuch stating she had purchased four 6x6 paintings at the ORAC 6x6 Auction, one was mine. Since I was unable to attend I wondered who purchased mine. It was a joy to know and I am grateful she supported ORAC.

Went I agreed to enter, I hadn't painted in 15 years since I moved from Siloam Springs where I was the Siloam Springs Artist Guild president. I wanted to return to painting - one of my many creative loves. But, I felt like a fish out of water. I panicked and ran scared as I searched through my old acrylic tubes where several had to be thrown away. I didn't want to buy new until I knew I could draw and paint as I use to. So, I used what I had. I do have watercolor paints for this is what I love to use and colored pencils, but they couldn't be used, it had to be acrylic.

Between being a member of the Ozarks Regional Arts Council, Area Art Club, Bull Shoals Art Club, Donald W. Reynolds Library and Creative Writers & Illustrators I hope to continue with their support in the creative world.



,

2 comments:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Congrats on your sale, Mary Nida! Keep creating!!

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Thanks Jane for your encouragement. Small baby steps is better than no steps at all.