Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Living and Loving Life: Friday night was our church ladies Christmas party; had a good time and took photos.I enjoy what I do for fun, but it always creates work. Twin Lakes writers met last Saturday to a group of 20. Some of our members were missed. We read manuscripts for fun and critiquing. We are gentle. We shared a lot of helpful information about books in progress, publishing and promoting. We celebrated the upcoming holidays with refreshments. I shared my plans for programs & speakers for 2011 - this is where the work comes in.

Sunday morning I sneaked in to church long enough to sing in the choir and leave. The Fleet Reserve my husband belongs to had their Christmas dinner at noon. No church that night.

Monday morning made a dish to take to Bull Shoals Historical Society Christmas dinner. I believe I brought more food home than I took.

Today, Tuesday I am trying to catch up with work in the house and my studio. I need to catch up with church photos and album( I am the our church photographer and historian). It is difficult to catch-up when it's photo taking time again. It may slow down after all the holidays pass.

Tomorrow is a busy day: Friends of the Library board meeting 12:30 - 1:30, then our regular public meeting from 1:30- 3:00 where I am in charge of refreshments and a table center piece. I enjoy this very much. At 6 p.m., is our Church Christmas dinner and more picture taking.

Next, I need to work on the yearly family Christmas letter, than back to planning programs for the North Central Children's Writers & illustrators and Twin Lakes Writers. I need to learn how to do a Power Point or have someone create one for me.

I am on the run...

4 comments:

Brian, Missy, & Coco said...

Sounds like a fun few days, the holidays are fun, but go by too quickly. I wish I lived close so I could teach you PowerPoint. It is a process to learn but once you do it's fun to make power points.

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Gosh Missy, I wish you was able to teach me by emails. I am hoping to get someone I know from the Twin Lakes Computer Group. Happy days ahead.

Betty Craker Henderson said...

Like you, I need to do a Christmas letter for family but I have a feeling it isn't going to get done this year. I'm really far far behind! You're not the only one on the run...

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Yes, Betty it appears we all get overloaded with projects we can't say "no" to.

Happy Holidays!
Mary Nida