Friday, April 16, 2010

Beverly Cleary - Cub Reporters Wanted:

April 11, Newberry Award-winning children's author Beverly Cleary turned 94 years young and going strong. One of my very favorite authors. Thank you for all your wonderful books.

Beyond Her Book - contributor to Publishers Weekly 4/13/10
Barbara Vey _ http://www.publishersweekly.com/blog/Beyond_Her_Book32112-Looking_For_Cub_Reporters....
Looking For Cub Reporters
April 13, 2010

Friday I leave for Washington DC where I’ll be attending the Washington Romance Writers Retreat. I’m really psyched for it. Attending conferences really energizes me and I love connecting with those in publishing and meeting new readers.
.
I’m constantly hearing from readers about how much they enjoy hearing about my travels since they can’t always go themselves. Even though I’ll be attending about a dozen events this year, there’s a ton more I won’t be able to make. While it saddens me, I think I’ve got the perfect solution. You can become a cub reporter for Beyond Her Book. If you are attending a conference, retreat or convention that I won’t be at, let me know and I’ll be glad to include your write up about the function. You can even include a couple of pictures.

2 comments:

Brian, Missy, & Coco said...

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing this great article. I grew up on Beverly Cleary's books and love the chapter books she has written about two sisters named Ramona and Beezus, check them out at your local library today.

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Thanks to my most devoted reader and best friend/grandaughter Missy for emailing me asking if the word was club or cub. I had placed Club twice and the word is - cub reporter. A Romona and Beezus
movie will be released this summer. For more click on http://www.beverlycleary.com