Monday, February 22, 2010

Library, Friends, Booksale, OWL, College of the Ozarks:
I believe last week was my busiest ever.
15th Friends of the Library Board meeting
16th I met with three of my friends who are children’s
writers at 9:30 a.m., at Gainesville, Mo. library. It is a
special little library that is growing. We haven’t been able
to meet for several months for we live a distance from each
other. We all start out early that morning. So, each of us
brought something to eat served with coffee. What a spread
it was. We caught up on the latest publishing news, read
manuscripts and wrote down out goals.I returned home
about 2:30 p.m. Had two important phone calls: A friend
was writing an article for the paper for our upcoming booksale
and needed a quote. Our FOL president called for all of the board
members to be at the library by 4 o’clock to have our picture taken
for the newspaper.
17th I help set-up for the booksale and later I
went to the church supper where as the church historian I took
pictures.

18th I went back to the library as I forgot to bring something
home and I saw they were very busy, so I tried to help. Plus, I took
a few pictures. I had to leave about noon for I had tons of catch
work at home.

19th We went to Branson, MO to Ozarks Writers League dinner,
open mic ( I read the poem- The Angry Abused Sound.) and we
stayed overnight. We had a 7 a.m. breakfast at the Boxcar Willie Inn
and rush to sign-in by 8:30 at the OWL, College of the Ozarks to
hear two speakers.We had lunch at our favorite restaurant
in “The Keeter Center.” OWL was over at 2:30 p.m. My book is
still on display at The Ralph Foster Museum on campus. I enjoyed
taking pictures on campus. I took two 5x7 photos for the OWL contest.
I was shot down again.There was a large display of photos, paintings and crafts.
The Ozarks Writers League has many talented members.
I had a great time.I always look forward to attending every three months.

Sunday, I attended church and choir and in-between I crash.
This Monday, I learned my family was not coming
this week-end due to bad weather and my youngest brother
had a stroke. That is an emotional ride for me. We all live so far away
from each other. I am a person like my mom who loved being surrounded
by family and friends.
This week I believe I will be able to catch-up on a thing or two.

4 comments:

Brian, Missy, & Coco said...

Though far in distance we are all close I'm heart! See you in about a month, rain or shine, I will be there!

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Love you Missy.

Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell said...

Sorry I couldn't join you at the OWL meeting, Mary. This has been a whirlwind of a month for me too, as well as an emotional one. I hope schedules improve for both of us and you're able to get some of that rest!

Life's Beautiful Path said...

Yes, Kerri, I am sorry you was unable to go. Being with other creative people to me is an enjoyable time to unwind and keep up dated.
Sorry, to heard you are having a difficult time. I am trying to stay focus on the positive and not the negative.