Wednesday, April 08, 2009

  1. Lessons learned: Do not rely on information on wildlife that has been passed on through the years. It is like relying on the same old gossip that may or may not be true. Investigate and study the person or the animal. We are not alike and we can change. This I learned from studying the female robin bouncing off my patio window. She was not daffy.

    With the ice storm problems behind me, I will be on a mission to keep focused on my work in the studio. Get rid of obstacles that block my progress.
    1. Keep only materials needed/associated with the projects I have finished, started and outlines of future projects.
    2. Only do research on current project I am preparing to submit.
    3. Do not follow/read too many blogs and websites. They do come addictive.
    4. Do not compare myself to other creative people. Sing my own song.
    5. Open e-mails in the evenings instead of watching TV.

    I have been guilty of the opposite type of behavior. It can take a professional writer to a social writer. I am taking stock of my time allowed in the studio in-between all my other responsibilities. I must be focus to consider myself a professional writer for I am wasting precious time writing and submitting.

    I will hold myself accountable with weekly updates on my progress of staying focused:
    · manuscripts and queries mailed
    · manuscripts accepted and rejected
    · notes from editors and agents
    · obstacles that will come up and how I handled them

    ALL DREAMS CAN COME TRUE IF WE HAVE THE COURAGE TO PURSUE THEM AND THE ENCOURAGEMENT TO STAY FOCUSED. – NEVER GIVE UP!

No comments: