Sunday, September 09, 2007


My woodland garden has endured a hot, dry summer. I watered twice a week trying to help the roots survive. I didn't want to complain for gardens in some areas were under water and mud. Because of weather changes I have allowed wild native plants to grow where they wish. Only, the strongest survive unusual weather changes. Last spring the extra hard freeze set back all the plants and trees, the summer drought caused blossoms to die and leaves to fall prematurely. This week's rain has brought cooler temperatures. Under darken skies the morning glory displays open blossoms throughout the day allowing the hummingbirds and butterflies to enjoy her nectar. Each morning with camera in hand I will be checking for spider webs and fungi. They are nature's true artist bringing breath taking displays to my garden rooms.

No comments: