Friday, January 05, 2007

Diverted plans, are they created by a higher calling or is it a cop-out to do something else-something easier? Many of my daily plans change as I head out to my studio office before the rooster crows. I am requested to practice the role of one of my many characters - labeled the housewife or better known as house slave. I do remember signing some kind of contract when I got married to love and honor. I have done so with a soft spot in my heart, but I don't remember or was informed I was signing a commitment to be anyone's house slave.

It could be my fault for some of the roles I place myself because I enjoy doing everything. But, I need a break to get to play my favorite role of a writer. No matter what I do, I still write and rewrite in my thoughts and I talk way too much to myself and our little 18 year old dachshund. Oh, by the way she is writing her life stories. The first story is how she came to live with us just a day before the people she was staying with was to sent her to "that place." She finished that one and it has been with a publisher for about four months.

By the time I sit at the computer I am rearing up like an unbridled horse. Yet, I can take a detour with all my plans to work on my children's manuscripts when my mind deverts me to my adult writing. No, no, not that kind of adult writing. Maybe, it is because I started writing for newspapers and regional magazines. So far it has been easier to be published there. Sometimes I think I write too tight in my children's story books and poems. It is so totally different style of writing.

I have written lots of children's material; poems, short stories, picture books and non-fiction. But, I have not been published in this market except in a couple of SCBWI newsletters. I have recieved words of encouragements and suggestions from editors when they have rejected what I had written. I guess my biggest problem is I am not consistent in submitting.

Keep on, keeping on with the mind open to new beginnings.

No comments: