Thursday, April 01, 2021

Looking Back on Writing

 Good morning. The sun may not be shining, but I am feeling very blessed. I spent a couple of hours looking back to 1986 when I become the president of the Twin Falls chapter of the Idaho Writers League - what a year! This is when I became a freelance writer and illustrator. Our membership grew, we started a newsletter and we had an Authors Day and luncheon at the Holiday Inn. We were blessed to have 37 authors present their books and magazines.

I was blessed again to spend about five months at Manchester, WA writing a column for the Port Orchard Independent Newspaper. Again I met wonderful people.
So, every time I feeling sad because I am not moving forward, I'll pull out another notebook from my creative world. I not bragging, I am just sharing all my blessings that God has provided to a poor loved country girl - a dream that started as a young child.
Slowing down, in the quiet of the day can be a blessing to refresh our minds of all the special blessings God has presented to us - this will help heal the past where there was, so much pain. Counting our blessings is the best thing we can do for our self. Have a special rest of the week.
Ida Steele, Brian Hecht and 19 others

No comments: