Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Children's Market Bio - Mary Nida Smith


Hopefully, I was able to put my bio together where it is understandable. From being a freelance writer for years I hope to be able to dedicate to my first love, writing for children. In between I wrote and studied how to write for children. I have lots of finished and unfinished  manuscripts. In the past I have received good feed back from editors. I have also visualized somewhat, how I want to set up my website with photographs and helpful information for teachers and fun things for kids. I am at peace and I know God has a plan.

Bio: Mary Nida Smith
  
Upcoming (poem accepted) Children’s Poet Laureate J. Patrick Lewis book to be published by National Geographic Society 2018.
Organizations:  Member of Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and founder of Children’s Writers & Illustrators (Mountain Home, AR); Attend: SCBWI AR and Missouri conferences and retreats.
Magazines: Kid Magazine Writers, Jan Fields, Editor (Blogging is Important)
                    Once Upon a Time (Writer’s Block) issue 2007
Newsletters: Mo Scribbles (SCBWI) Arkansas news columnist, plus article, “Eliminate Clutter and Stress.”  Reprinted in the Winter 2005 SCBWI Australian Chapter’s Newsletter Fine Lines “Eliminate Clutter and Stress”

Library Summer Program: Taught writing classes for children for two years at the Baxter County Library. A member of the Friends of the Library (Board member five years) and a member of Friends of the Library 15 years and volunteered when needed.

Blogs: Monthly 2009-2016 W.O.M David L. Harrison (Children’s book author) posted a monthly poem. My blog http://marynidasmith.blogspot.com (Life’s Beautiful Path) Freelance Writer and author of Submarine Stories of World War II (2008) and Heroes Beneath the Waves: Submarine Stories of the Twentieth Century (2015) For preteen & up and published by Skyhorse Publishing.

No comments: