Thursday, August 06, 2009

Chapter book and The Woodland Garden: I am excited about the chapter book I am rewriting for ages 7-10. It is scary, silly, and funny. I love it when I can escape to the world of make-believe.

For two hours this afternoon I ventured to the wind and rain battered woodland garden. Dead-fall everywhere, beds of poison ivy (I sprayed), leaves covered with mildew, half eaten fungi popping up through the moss, unknown wild animals creating underground tunnels, and feathers of dead Bluebirds and Jays. The birds, squirrels, chipmunks and turtles have not been seen since the large hawk flew through. The owls, hawks and neighbors cats have created a hell hole for my little wild friends. I love cats, hawks and owls, but not in my wildlife sanctuary. I always find interesting things to photograph as I walk through my Woodland Garden.

No comments: